Class Two S.T.E.M. Ambassador's visit.
Last Thursday Class Two had a highly successful visit from a marine biologist. The children greatly enjoyed the practical activities provided to help them learn about sea life around Wales. These included looking at sea creatures with magnifiers and through microscopes, sorting shells, and finding out about simple food chains. A great time was had by everyone all day long!
Friday, 1 March 2013
This half term our topic is going to be ‘Spring Celebrations’. In nursery we will be looking at a different celebration each week. These will be:
Saint David’s Day
Chinese New Year
The stories include:
Pancakes, Pancakes! By Eric Carle
Mama Panya’s Pancakes: A village tale from Kenya
The Little Welsh Rugby Fan
Famous Welsh Tales: Cantre’r Gwaelod
Giant Tales from Wales: Giant of the Preseli Hills
The Night Before Mothers’ Day
What is Mothers’ Day?
Lanterns and Firecrackers: A Chinese New Year Story
Hope and New Life: An Easter story
The Easter Story
Each week we will be:
- Looking at a story and will be doing some ‘book work’.
- Studying non-fiction information texts to help us learn more about each celebration.
- Doing lots of counting, patterns, prepositions, shape and size.
- Doing different craft activities which enhance the skills of the children. The craft activities will compliment the topic.
- Solving problems by becoming Mousekers.
- And lots of other activities!
If you have any books or resources that you would be happy to lend us to promote enthusiasm among the children in order to enhance their learning I would be most grateful if you could send them in.
I am really looking forward to this term!!